granja otoño

La Granja de San Ildefonso o La Granja Royal Site

The building is located in the very heart of the Royal site of San Ildefonso, in Plaza Alfonso XIII, from there you can go to visit the Royal Palace, with its Royal gardens and contemplate putting up sources that represents an attractive but in these gardens.
You can visit the Palace of Riofrío, a journey of 15 minutes, held by the Museum of hunting, also you can take a trip to the city of Segovia, visit the Cathedral, the aqueduct, the Alcázar etc... There is located high speed, which gives you a very effective and frequent service to Madrid and Valladolid.
You can practice trekking and bike mountain, one of the most beautiful of the Sierra de Guadarrama and the Valsain mountains.
Likewise four kilometres lies the Golf course "The Faisanera".

granja 2 granja 3

La Granja de San Ildefonso is located southeast of the province of Segovia, 12 km from the capital, bordering the province of Madrid in the western foothills of the Cordillera Central, 80 km from the capital of Spain. Nestled among the Sierra de Guadarrama, the surface of 237,000 m2 term is, corresponding to half occupied by the historic and lush mountains of Valsaín and El Robledo, giving us an idea of ??the generous natural vegetation surrounding the life of the inhabitants of this privileged enclave. Its altitude is 1,191 m above sea level at its lowest (Puerta de Segovia) and 1,326 m at its highest (Last Pino)??, which makes possible the existence of one of the most important resorts of the Cordillera Central, Navacerrada, whose facilities are located within the municipality.

granja 4 granja 6

Its history goes back to the fifteenth century, when the Castilian king Henry IV comes across a beautiful spot where he decided to build a chapel dedicated to San Ildefonso and a shelter that would serve as a break when he went hunting. Later, the Catholic Kings decided to donate the chapel and the retreat to the monks of the Monastery of Parral Jeromes in Segovia, who raise an inn and an animal farm, hence the name of La Granja de San Ildefonso. On these grounds, Felipe V ordered the construction of a palace, the current Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso and lush gardens.

granja 7 granja 8

About Palace raises a number of buildings for the stay of the Court, and factories to meet different job requirements. The most important was the Royal Glass Factory but not the only one. For a time coexisted various industries under the royal patronage: steel mill and lime, linen factory ... At the time of Charles the town of La Granja de San Ildefonso configured preserved baroque appearance today.

Segovia - World Heritage City


In 1985 the old city of Segovia and its Aqueduct were declared World Heritage by UNESCO. Within the old city environment, ie the old, stand diversity of historic buildings both civil and religious, and not only Catholics but also Jews, as he held this minority neighborhood, reminiscent of the passage of the different cultures around the city. One of the best examples of this cultural diversity is represented by the former synagogue, now the church of Corpus, and the Jewish cemetery in "The Pinarillo" with its interpretation center at the palace of the most important Jewish Spanish Jewish communities, the chief accountant Meir Melamed, Abraham's son and successor Seneor, Chief Rabbi of the Kingdom of Castile, Melamed after converting to Christianity under the name of Fernan Nunez Coronel, was alderman of the city and occupied important positions in the kingdom. Among its monuments are:

The Aqueduct of Segovia, located in the emblematic square Azoguejo is the staple of the city is unknown date of construction, which could be carried out in the late first century or early second century, and it is the Roman civil engineering work most important in Spain. Was performed with about 25,000 granite blocks together without any mortar, has a length of 818 meters, consists of more than 170 arches and top measures 29 meters, as it reaches the Azoguejo, its most visited.


The Alcázar, the royal palace located on top of a rock between the rivers Eresma and Clamores appears first documented in 1122, although it may exist in earlier time. It was one of the favorite residences of the kings of Castile, built in the transition from Romanesque to Gothic, and which highlights the Moorish decor of its spacious rooms. The building is articulated through two yards and has two towers, the Keep and John II. It was a favorite residence of Alfonso X the Wise and Henry IV, and he left Isabella to be crowned Queen of Castile in the square. Devastated by fire in 1862, was later rebuilt. Now houses the Military General Segovia archive and museum of the Royal School of Artillery, managed by the Trustees of the Alcazar.


The Monastery of San Antonio el Real (Segovia) was the former hunting lodge of Henry IV and later became a convent. They are unique coffered ceilings dating Mudejar all of 1455, are all time (as opposed to the roofs of the Alcazar of Segovia that were destroyed during the fire of 1862 and the early reconctruidos XX). The church has a Mudejar ceiling and cloister (now a museum) presents other examples of Moorish art Mudejar ceilings. Ten nuns still live in the convent.

The Cathedral of Santa Maria is the last Gothic cathedral built in Spain. It is considered the masterpiece of Gothic Basque-Castilian and is known as "The Queen of Cathedrals". This is the third cathedral city and retains the cloister of the second, located opposite the castle and destroyed during the War of the Communities in 1520. John worked in his works and Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón, and other teachers of Spanish architecture. It was consecrated in 1768 and has dimensions of 105 meters long, 50 wide and 33 high in the nave, has 18 chapels and has three entrances: the Atonement, San Frutos and San Geroteo, first bishop of the diocese.


The walls of Segovia existed when Alfonso VI of Castile took the city to the Arabs, who commanded a larger coming to have a perimeter of 3 kilometers, eighty towers, five doors and several gates. It was built mainly with granite blocks, but also reused gravestones of the Roman necropolis. The wall runs along the old, and currently maintains three doors: San Cebrian, of great austerity, James, Moorish-looking, and San Andres, gateway to the Jewish quarter, and the breaches of Consuelo, San Juan, the sun and Moon.


C/ Refitoleria, 5 · 40001 Segovia (ESPAÑA)
TEL: 628 321 134 · FAX: +34 921 424 637
e-Mail: reservas@apartamentosrefitoleria.com